Trips & Special Events
Sail the Hudson on the AJ Meerwald, July 17-20, Alpine
Sandy Batty's Retirement Party, Friday, September 12
Sail on the AJ Meerwald!
Official Tall Ship
Thursday, July 17 - Sunday, July 20
- View the majestic Palisades;
Hear featured speakers about New Jersey's history & nature;
Sail on a magnificently restored 1928 two-masted, 115-foot oyster schooner driven by over 3,500 square feet of sail!
Register early since trips sell out quickly!
All Sails depart from the Alpine Boat Basin unless noted.
Thursday, July 17
- 9:30am - Hudson River Battlefield Tour- Skyline Sail, $70 per person. Stories of the American Revolution in, on and around the Hudson River. Also learn about marine creatures' battle to survive in the Hudson. Sail between Liberty State Park & the Alpine Boat Basin. Featured speakers include Dr. Angela Cristini of Ramapo College and Kevin Tremble, Immediate Past President, Crossroads of the American Revolution Assn. Includes motorcoach from Alpine to Liberty State Park.
Friday, July 18
Saturday, July 19
- 9:30am - Rock 'N River Sail, $45 per person. Sail and learn about the geology of the Palisades from George Harlow, Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at the American Museum of Natural History, followed by a discussion about the Hudson watershed with Dana Gulley of Hudson Riverkeeper.
- 1:30pm - Children's Sail, $26 child (ages 5-12), $52 adult. See fish, crabs & creatures of the Hudson River with a Tenafly Nature Center environmental educator. An easy, relaxing sail for parents & fascinating hands-on learning experience for kids.
- 5:30pm -Music on the River, $70 per person. Sail on the Hudson and enjoy the music of Spook Handy, a NJ based folk singer.
Sunday, July 20
- 12:00pm -Children's Sail,$26 child (ages 5-12), $52 adult. See fish, crabs & creatures of the Hudson River with a Tenafly Nature Center environmental educator. An easy, relaxing sail for parents & fascinating hands-on learning experience for kids.
- 3:30pm - Sunset Skyline Sail, $78 per person - Our most popular sail! Historian, and Kearney House Curator, Eric Nelson will spin yarns about the river and its denizens. Sail departs from the Alpine Boat Basin. Motor coach transportation back from Liberty State Park to the Boat Basin is included.
Hudson River Sails are sponsored by ANJEC,
Please Note: Online registration is hosted this year by the Tenafly Nature Center. There is opportunity to select ANJEC as the benefiting organization
during the payment process.
Please email ANJEC or call 973-539-7547 with questions or assistance with registration.
The Tenafly Nature Center and Crossroads of the American Revolution National Heritage Area
Please mark your calendars for:
Sandy Batty's Retirement Party
Friday, September 12
6:00pm - 10:00pm
Basking Ridge Country Club
185 Madisonville Road
Please plan to join us as we honor and celebrate Sandy's 29 years with ANJEC!
More details soon.
For sponsor or advertiser information, please email or call ANJEC, 973-539-7547.