Environmental Commission & Green Team Events
ANJEC will post announcements of events being hosted by NJ environmental commissions, green teams, open space committees and other groups that are ANJEC members.
- East Brunswick (Middlesex County) National Moth Week, Saturday, July 20 8pm, East Brunswick Butterfly Park, more information 9am -1pm, Cresskhill HS parking lot on Lincoln Drive.
If you'd like to have your commission, green team, or other event listed on this page, please email ANJEC with particulars and we will post promptly.
ANJEC has created displays on a variety of topics which are available on loan for environmental commission and green team events throughout New Jersey. You can also download ANJEC handouts listed below for your event
To reserve any of the following displays, email ANJEC or call 973-539-7547.
- Cut Your Carbon Footprint - Three panel display and/or prize wheel game about reducing vehicle emissions. Includes action tips and examples of community initiatives.
- Save Energy: Take the EQ Challenge - Includes large poster that serves as game board for EQ-Challenge energy game. Also offers energy saving tips and resources on renewable energy.
- Going Green: Green Your Life, Your Home and Your Community - Gives tips to green the way you live, green your home and green your community.
- Green this House: 14 Fixes for Your Earth Friendly Home - Shows the importance of reducing our carbon footprint and how to conserve resources without spending a lot.
- Passaic River: Ours To Protect, Ours to Enjoy - Display focuses on the Passaic River and its watershed, with information about stormwater impacts and what residents can do to protect and enjoy the river.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Make a Difference in Your Community - Ideas on how to be more conscious your purchasing and consuming behavior.
- Stormwater: Clean Water for Your Town - Explains the environmental effects of stormwater runoff, what the State requires your town to do and what you can do.
Water conservation (US EPA)
- Clean Water for Our Town
- Green Cleaning (NJEF/Clean Water Action)
- Environmentally Friendly Lawn Care Guide
- NJ’s new Fertilizer Law
- Pet waste (NJDEP)
- Protect Our Harbor
- Stormwater: What You Can Do